Listed below, you’ll find a sample of potential topics for speaking engagements or workshops (hover over the title to see a fuller description). Immersive retreats almost always integrate several content areas together.
The icons after each title suggest which of the four ANIMA principles that topic would draw from. Hover over any title to see a more complete description of content.
Once you see your mindset, you can start to choose your mindset and:
- improve your ability to learn and grow,
- get back up after getting knocked down, and
- seek collaboration with outstanding colleagues.
We improvise every moment of our work and personal lives—no one’s got a set script—yet we rarely pay attention to how we improvise.
Go behind the curtain to take on the curious principles and practices—like “yes, and,” “Be average,” “make your partner look good,” and “let yourself be changed”—that theatre professionals use to cultivate the skills needed for top-quality, in-the-moment performance:
- spontaneous speech
- flexible status transactions
- careful attention
- deep listening
- multi-level memory
- powerful presence
- interpersonal care
- collaborative discovery
- emotional range
- effective storytelling
Life changes and, these days, it changes faster than ever. Many respond to that uncertainty by seeking further control, but that effort almost always leaves us more rigid and less responsive. Build your ambiguity tolerance muscles and replace the impulse to control with a more nimble intention to:
- connect, and
Teaching with Acoustical Guidance (TAGteach) draws on cutting edge tools to cut teaching time in half and improve learner retention.
Develop practical skills through fun, hands-on training so you can:
- use fewer words for more efficient instruction
- deliver precise, timely feedback to maximize and solidify improvement
- reinforce the skills you intend to develop
- keep your learner focused and thirsty for more
- build loyalty and trust between teacher and learner